Sign up here
Have you been wondering what that big project under construction is on Madison street? It's Oak Parks very own Community Recreation Center!
What will the CRC provide for our Community?
- A safe place for youth of all ages to go immediately after school
- A year-round, indoor walking track that Oak Park residents of all ages can access at no cost
- A place for Oak Park youth to access mental health services and creative social-emotional programming
- Affordable group classes and fitness opportunities for individuals and families
- A place for teen programming on weekends and evenings
- A place to bring our community together and make connections to build and strengthen community bond
Click here for a virtual tour
Care Coordinators Offer Support for District 97 Students and Families
Many families may have difficulty accessing the services and support they need. Oftentimes there is no one person who is able to connect students and their families to much needed community resources. This year, District 97 and DePaul University have partnered to offer free care coordination to families across all of our schools.
Our full-time, school-based care coordinators support students and their family members in being connected to the range of school- and community-based supports available in and around the Oak Park community. In addition, the care coordinators provide support into and out of middle school and high school ensuring that students receive needed support at these pivotal academic transitions.
The care coordinator serves as a single point of contact for members of the community as it relates to the wellness needs of children in the Oak Park school district(s). They work with school leadership, Oak Park Township, and community partners to ensure that children have the academic and non-academic support they need to succeed.
If you wish to contact the care coordinator for your school, please see their information below:
- James Broadnax - Care Coordinator for Julian Middle School and feeder elementary schools (Beye, Irving, Longfellow, Mann)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tetyana Krutsik - Care Coordinator for Brooks Middle School and feeder elementary schools (Hatch, Holmes, Lincoln, Whittier)
- Email: email@example.com